SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT AND FOREMOST
SAFETY AND HEALTH PROGRAM
Mayer Pollock Steel Corporation’s job sites include refineries, steel mills and chemical plants. In every work environment safety is paramount, and in these complex industrial environments safety must supersede all other job requirements. MPSC’s Safety and Health Program implementation is foremost to the successful, safe completion of every MPSC project.
This behavior-based Safety and Health Program focuses on what MPSC people do, why and how they do it, and then applies an existing or intervention safety strategy to improve it. A culture has been created where safety procedures and protocols are interwoven within each job task. MPSC’s Safety and Health Program includes all employees from the President to the individual laborers.
SETTING GOALS AND REACHING THEM
The ultimate goal of MPSC at every level within the organization is to ensure the preservation of the health and safety of MPSC employees, client employees and all other personnel interacting with any facet of operations. This goal has become part of the culture and is constantly being improved upon by MPSC management. MPSC is constantly working towards the goal of the complete elimination of accidents, incidents and injury.
MPSC recognizes that the responsibilities for employee health and safety, and the protection of the environment require ongoing efforts and communication. Management, employees, partners and subcontractors use open lines of communication to define clear safety guidelines and expectations with every client and facility owner.
MAYER POLLOCK STEEL CORPORATION’S SAFETY POLICY KEYNOTES
- Create the guidelines that provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment at all times
- Prevent occupational accidents, injuries, illnesses and eliminate environmental impact
- Accept and embrace the responsibility to lead in the promotion and practice of internal and external health and safety programs
- Comply with all legally mandatory and broadly accepted work protection practices and procedures
- Promote and enforce the development, dissemination, implementation, effectiveness and improvement of the Safety and Health Program
- Personnel are required to strictly adhere to all site safety and health standards, and all site work rules and procedures
ELEVATING SAFETY PERFORMANCE
To uphold and surpass their impressive safety record, MPSC constantly reviews and considers improvements in behavior, policy, procedures, systems and/or equipment. Frequent audits are performed that ensure their Safety and Health Program policy is being correctly used by every employee, manager, partner and corporate official.
Along with on-going meetings and job site safety plan reviews, all field personnel are required to successfully complete continuing education safety training annually. Accident prevention and the protection of every employee is placed above every other job operation or job administration creating a safe work environment that all employees participate in.
- Comprehensive general liability limits up to $20,000,000.00
- Pollution liability up to $10,000,000.00 on A rated carriers
- One of the most comprehensive insurance programs in the industry
- Workplace Safety Committee Certification, Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
Contact us now for current scrap prices or an estimate on your project.